Friday, January 10, 2014

A Cute Little Story.................... ..More Nursing Home Drama

03-12-2013 at 06:46 PM 
The other day during one of my visits I approached my grandmother who was lying in her bed and bent down to kiss her and said "hello". She responded by saying "peekaboo". I laughed.

I then sat down to eat my lunch and heard her say, "don't eat so much. That's enough." This was deja vu. This is something she used to say to me when I was an overweight child. This continued into my late teens and I used to get so mad at her for saying it to me. It was hurtful and insulting. One day she is stuffing food down my throat, not literally, by feeding me sweets and the next she is telling me I eat too much. I didn't know what to make of it except that she had the Jewish Mother Syndrome not to say that there is anything wrong with Jewish mothers or Italian and Greek for that matter. They're all the same. How could I get mad at her now? It was nice to have a taste of the Bubie I once knew. I get a little taste of it every now and then.

If you read my blog please LIKE my facebook fan page at www.facebook.com/diaryofapi. Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment