Friday, January 10, 2014

Where Does All The Time Go?...................... More Nursing Home Drama

03-08-2013 at 12:20 PM 
It's been a few weeks since my last entry into my diary. I have been very busy with life and lost track of time. Among other things going on I have managed to get up to the nursing home several times in the last month almost daily except for this last week. There is not enough time in the day.

Now that she has been on permanent bed rest my grandmother seems to be more rested than she was when the staff moved her around to put her in her chair to sit at a dining room table to only put her head down to sleep. Her eyes are closed 98% of the time and she sleeps 90% of the time. The only time she is awake is for meal times and bath time. When I visit her and bend down to kiss her she always manages to give me a few kisses and tells me "your an angel" or "your a sweetheart". That is about all she says to me. Sometimes I play music for her or I will talk to her about my day. It's almost always a one sided conversation.

The 2% of the time that her eyes are open she is mostly looking up as if she is looking for something or sees something that we cannot see and her eyes do not open all of the way but just enough to see. And, when she opens her eyes while looking in my direction I can tell she isn't looking at me because although her eyelid may be open a quarter of the way she is not focused on one thing and all I see is weakness. We believe it is only a matter of days until my grandmother is with my grandmother and her parents.

On one of my latest visits I fed her some soup and noticed every time I incorporate vegetables in the soup she spit it out. I reported her intake to her nurse and her nurse walked into her room, took a spoonful of soup with a lot of vegetables and fed it to her. I didn't stick around to see what happened after that but as I was leaving I heard my grandmother have a short conversation with her nurse and apparently after she swallowed the soup with vegies. I noticed the nurse had asked her a lot of questions and my grandmother answered.

I will ask her questions on my next visit.

If you read my blog please LIKE my facebook page at www.facebook.com/diaryofapi. Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment