Friday, January 10, 2014

At "The Home" For The Holidays................. .(More Nursing Home Drama)

12-27-2012 at 11:56 AM 
At "The Home" For The Holidays

Christmas was near and all through the halls
At the home sat the old ones staring at walls
With no one around not even a nurse
I thought to myself “how it could be worse?”
God forbid someone falls and knocks themselves out
There must be, must be, someone about.

It was quiet and calm except for the moans
And the people who commonly consistently groan
It was time for their supper with ham, pork, and mush
And my grandmother too with her dietary stuff

We brought them, the nurses, some cookies and cake
Homemade for the thanks of the care that they take
For my Bubie whose frail and weak in her bones
Who can no longer walk or talk on the phone.

At this age her body has taken a toll
Like she says to the staff, “lets’ shake, rattle, and roll.”
It must be those moves she has made all those years
She brought in the New Year with lots of good cheers.

The next thing I know the nurses appeared
One lady asked, “where were you my dears?”
"Handing out medicine. It’s ok, you’re alright.”
“I’ll be right with you shortly please just sit tight.”

The poor people there had to trust the nurse
That their care would be provided and the home wasn’t cursed.
They would get their warm dinners and chew as they can
Then move to their beds for the night was the plan.

With that said as I sit here and come to an end
There is one message that I wish to send
To you my reader with lots of good cheer
I wish you Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!

Cheryl Ring

If you read my blog please LIKE my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/diaryofapi AND follow me on twitter at #diaryofapi

Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment