Friday, January 10, 2014

Happier Times.................... (More Nursing Home Drama)

01-07-2013 at 02:19 PM 
My last visit to “the home” was one of the best. Bubie was in a good mood and eating her lunch something she often does not do. We laughed till we cried. I took video of her reciting some of her favorite recipes. We took a stroll down memory lane and spoke about her family.

When speaking of the family my mother asked her about her mother. A person she is “dying” to see again. And, Bubie went from smiling one minute to being very serious the next. “Where is my mother?” she asked. “Is she gone?” she asked. My mother nodded her head, “yes, she’s gone.” Bubie said, “I’m sorry” but before we let her finish her sentence we changed the subject back to some of her favorite recipes.

We took her back to her room where we helped her lay down in her bed and then said our goodbyes.

I am thankful that I was able to get video and thankful that I was able to make some more happy memories with her in them.

If you read my blog please LIKE my facebook fan page at www.facebook.com/diaryofapi AND follow me on Twitter at #diaryofapi.

Thank you for your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment